- create a CV
- select a job to apply for from the vacancies provided (below)
- write a formal letter of application for this post
- email the CV and letter to me (other teachers will use Showbie) at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the email subject 'class Surname Initial CV-letter' (eg 10Y/Cz1C Simpson H CV-letter)
LESSON ONE/HOMEWORK: CREATE A CV
- As a class we will discuss what we think a 'C.V.' is and what purpose/function it serves.
- In small groups (4-5), brainstorm and list what you think should feature in a good CV. What information should you provide?
- Compare your list to the example you can see below.
- Update your list with a clear heading: What I Should Include in My CV
- (If there is time) Make a start on your CV. Complete this for homework for the next lesson.
- Before the end of the 1st of these 2 lessons, read through the list of vacancies below and pick one. You will be asked to declare which you have picked before the lesson ends, and in the next lesson you will be developing your letter of application for this job.
- Any reminders/planner comments about the CV homework will be issued
- As a class we will discuss what you think should go into a good letter of application and what you think should be avoided!
- Look at the exemplars provided (below) and make a fresh list of What I Need To Include in My Letter
- Start on this letter, and email it if completed by the end of the lesson (if not, email it within one week)
To stop this post from slowing down the loading of the blog, you need to click on 'read more' below to see the rest of the post, including the documents you'll need
|You can zoom in or out; go full screen; visit the Slideshare site to download; you may need to set up an account to do so|